Agco Allis Bevel Gear Box

johnorlandi

Threads
Hi guys its John again with the bevel gear box (see topics below) Well again the bevel gear box let go. I called the dealer he can do nothing for me on the price of parts but will help out with the labor. This makes the 4th time, once I rebuilt the power take-off and twice, he rebuilt the PTO and bevel gear box. This time the bearings let go in the bevel gear box next to the PTO.
Need your help! do you have or know someone that has a Agco Allis 918 h for parts that I can get the gear box out of. There is a lot of other tractors like the Allis Charmers and the Sovern and others that are the same.
I have $1900.00 (400/600/900) into this gear box and can't put any more
This has to be around the RI/CT/MA I will buy the tractor or just the bevel gear box. Hate to spend the money to buy a new tractor
If someone had a good running tractor, I would be interested in that. I have for this tractor a 48" mower, a 36" tiller, a 42" snow blower, a 42" snowplow, chains and wheel weights and 2 vacuum collectors and large cart plus I have a 6"X 10' hose thank you John

johnorlandi

Threads

Mervinpeevy and ILENFINE​

Mervinpeevy I cannot read you post it is some foreign language like Greek
ILENFINE I purchased a used 1970's gear box and I am installing it right now, waiting a on a new pivot to come the used gear box is good and tight the old gear box did a lot of damage it broke the shaft and damaged the pulleys to the PTO and took the PTO pivot brake pads out. a lot of work but I hope this is the final time
thanks John