Advice needed on buying a zero turn... Toro or Troy Bilt!

bkeller500

Threads
  • / Advice needed on buying a zero turn... Toro or Troy Bilt!
I think it also depends on your property and what your demands on the unit will be. Is your property flat? How much acreage? Any hills or ditches at all? Do you plan on doing the annual maintenance yourself? The entry level Toro's and Troy Built may be adequate but if you plan to keep the unit say 10 years, then consider the next model up. The price difference spread out over those 10 years is near nothing and the benefits may be worth it.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
What @bkeller500 said. ? And what price you are willing to pay. Overall, the Toro Timecutter is a decent mower. However, there are only two deck adjustment points and that can be a problem. I had a MX5000 and could never get the deck leveled correctly. If you can afford it, look at the Titan. You can’t buy a Toro Titan at a big box store. Scag Liberty Z, Hustler Raptor XDX, Ariens Apex Big Dog MPX are some to look at.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro Titan is too heavy, imo. Now My Scag Liberty is a beefy but not overweight machine.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro Titan is too heavy, imo. Now My Scag Liberty is a beefy but not overweight machine.
Toro changed the naming of their mowers. The Timecutter HD is now the Titan.
The old Titan is now the Titan HD.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the 411, I am out of touch w/Toro since I sold my Timecutter off.. Long ago I did test a Titan & it was overweight & under powered on asphalt.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the 411, I am out of touch w/Toro since I sold my Timecutter off.. Long ago I did test a Titan & it was overweight & under powered on asphalt.
My 2019 Timecutter HD had plenty of power and gave a good cut. The cheap safety switches were it’s biggest problem. It was just too small for my yard and it beat me up pretty bad.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya there, no fun getting beat up mowing. My Toro Dealer can't get any new stock.