Adjust deck height Z254F

ZTRookie

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck on my Z254F has one side 1.5 inches lower that the other. Not sure how it got so far out of wack, but my cutting is very uneven as you'd expect. I have tried raising the low side, but the nut is near the top of the range and it's hard to get a wrench on it. The nut on the high side is even farther out of reach, so I can't lower it. I tried a long 3/4 socket, but no clearance for the rachet. I also tried going from above thru the opening under the seat, but that's constrained as well.

Can someone get me a little guidance, please?

Thanks, Hugh

eredmon1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine is missing a plastic nut on the actual bar that raises and lowers the deck causing the imbalance. Bought the nut but can't get it put on.
What did yours turn out to be?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mine is missing a plastic nut on the actual bar that raises and lowers the deck causing the imbalance. Bought the nut but can't get it put on.
What did yours turn out to be?
   diagram (1).gif
Remove the deck
Pull the clip off the end of the shaft
Slide the shaft to the right ( as shown in the photo )
Slip the plastic nut which should be slotted over the rod then push it back to the left
A bit of rubber grase or silicon spray works wonders
Dont forget to replace the clip .

eredmon1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 61462
Remove the deck
Pull the clip off the end of the shaft
Slide the shaft to the right ( as shown in the photo )
Slip the plastic nut which should be slotted over the rod then push it back to the left
A bit of rubber grase or silicon spray works wonders
Dont forget to replace the clip .
Thank you! I finally had a chance to check this out yesterday and you put me right there! Had to get a little help holding the bar but as soon as I did the piece slid right on!!
Again, thank you very much!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are more than welcome
Thanks for closing the thread
Happy mowing