Add inline Fuel filter for B&S Professional Series 190cc, 8.50 ft-lbs torque engine?

hawlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Add inline Fuel filter for B&S Professional Series 190cc, 8.50 ft-lbs torque engine?
I have a snapper 21 that has the B&S Professional Series 190cc, 8.50 ft-lbs torque engine. Doesn't appear to have a fuel filter although there may be an unservicable one in the fuel tank. Can I add an inline fuel filter to this engine for peace of mind? If so, what micron size? No fuel pump on this engine; just gravity fed. Thanks in advance

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Add inline Fuel filter for B&S Professional Series 190cc, 8.50 ft-lbs torque engine?
There is a fuel filter inside the tank this is molded into the outlet. You could add one in the line but I wouldn't go too fine on the micron because it can cause fuel flow issues when the fuel level get lower. I used to use the 691035 which seems like a 40 micron if I remember correctly, on both the gravity flow and fuel pump type rider engines.. Went to the white 75 micron filter on gravity flow systems due to having flow issue after 2012 with the new non vented fuel caps and the fact that the fuel tanks run at a slight vacuum due to the vent line going to the low vacuum side of the carb intake.