Actual PTO speed of K series

Yard Slave

Threads
Hello,
I have a 725 with Kohler engine. I have been trying to find out what the actual PTO RPM is.
Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
PTO RPMs should be the same as engine RPMs.

gsim

Threads
Not familiar with your model. However the ratio of pulley circumference and PTO shaft sheave circumference will give you a guidline. Then if you know engine RPM, you can calculate PTO rpm. If drifving pulley sheave same size as driven (PTO) sheave, same rpm as engine. If PTO sheave smaller, PTO speed higher, or vica versa.

Yard Slave

Threads
Not familiar with your model. However the ratio of pulley circumference and PTO shaft sheave circumference will give you a guidline. Then if you know engine RPM, you can calculate PTO rpm. If drifving pulley sheave same size as driven (PTO) sheave, same rpm as engine. If PTO sheave smaller, PTO speed higher, or vica versa.
Yes that is what I was thinking. I am not in the location of the machine. My memory is that the PTO clutch pulley is smaller than the shaft pulley. I am asking because I have (2) 700 series Grasshoppers from the late 90's early 2000 era with mower decks and snowblowers. I was kinda toying with the idea of putting them on a farm tractor with 540 PTO.