AC for summer cutt'n.

poncho144

Threads
Hey gang, anybody fit up AC on their Rider?

Born2Mow

Threads
It would take more HP for the a/c compressor than for the blades or drive wheels !! Every cost considered, it would be cheaper to hire a model in a bikini to run along side your mower and spritz you with cool water !!

poncho144

Threads
ha, yeh, been gett'n stuff like dat a lot. I have a small 900 watt gas gen to run a 1000 BTU window unit, it works ok on the bench, just wuz wonder'n if anybody else was mess'n a rounder wit dat. I did see a Vid of something similar but the dude had a larger Gen it got so cold in the Mower cab the windows fogged but 65 degrees was ok.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you kidding? My fat ass needs to sweat. And sweat and sweat and sweat. LOL. Wife and I use push mowers just for the exercise. Riding mower sits all sad in the garage.

If you are thinking AC on a mower, time for a pro lawn crew.

slomo

MelanieLangdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
In most cases, even if you have determined precisely where the unpleasant noise is coming from and you can guess what caused it, it is almost impossible to repair the car air conditioning system yourself. Even if you consider yourself an automobile guru, AC repair may be too much for you. The rattle, noise, hum, or whistle of a car air conditioner when you turn on a climatic system means that the compressor can not work in a normal mode anymore. The "sick" condition can be alleviated, for example, by contacting socool.sg. This is precisely what many car owners do.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Years ago i saw a large commercial John Deere front mount mower with a cab and roof AC.

AllaKrossover

Forum Newbie
Threads
Although I find air conditioning vital, especially during hot summer, I've never thought about installing one on a lawnmower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey gang, anybody fit up AC on their Rider?
Firstly you will need a second engine to power it .
Then you have the problem of thermal shock if you have a cool cab then step out into 105 .
The local council had AC on their big diesel mowers
The set them all at 30 C because the drivers ( generally older employees ) were suffering heart attacks when they opened the cab doors.

hyattskobiak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Although I find air conditioning vital, especially during hot summer, I've never thought about installing one on a lawnmower. Messing around has never been one of my hobbies, and I care too much about my air conditioning system to risk it. Perhaps I agree with the idea that it is almost impossible to repair the air conditioning system by yourself in such conditions. If I were you, I would better overpaid a little bit and called a cooling system technician, who will ac repair near me, so that I could immediately check the functionality of his work. Because it isn't quite the usual solution to combine an air conditioner with a lawn mower, and I would guess that many problems can arise during the installation of this construction.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

May not be as crazy as folks think.