997 Mower wont move or deck wont go up blades wont engage either

strawberry96

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 997 Mower wont move or deck wont go up blades wont engage either
Was cutting grass mower just stop pulling blades disengaged and mower wont move forward or backward 2007 John Deere 997

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by checking the drive belt is in place on the left & right pulleys and that is tension pulley is keeping the belt tight
Just so we are he same page.
You were just driving across the lawn, not mowing and the mower suddenly stopped dead .
Is that correct ?

strawberry96

Forum Newbie
Threads
Start by checking the drive belt is in place on the left & right pulleys and that is tension pulley is keeping the belt tight
Just so we are he same page.
You were just driving across the lawn, not mowing and the mower suddenly stopped dead .
Is that correct ?
Yes i was cutting and it jut stop pulling. Checked the belt everything looked good. It starts runs but wont move or deck go up thought it was an hydraulic issue at first but then i tried engaging blades that wouldnt come on either so im thinking electrical maybe. checked fuses all good i had to change one the box n right 1st fuse was popped changed it same thing nothing

keakar

Threads
Yes i was cutting and it jut stop pulling. Checked the belt everything looked good. It starts runs but wont move or deck go up thought it was an hydraulic issue at first but then i tried engaging blades that wouldnt come on either so im thinking electrical maybe. checked fuses all good i had to change one the box n right 1st fuse was popped changed it same thing nothing
it wouldnt explain the deck thing, but could you have somehow cause the drive release lever to move?

my rule of thumb is, if more then one electrical issue happens all at once check all your ground connections first

strawberry96

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will do i just figured since it starts but wont move and deck wouldnt go up it was hydraulic becaise my deck has an hydraulic lift but then i tried engaging blades that to didnt work now im at a confused point but ill check the grounds and drive release thanks