721 Grasshopper

66vette

Threads
I have a year 2000 with the 60" front mower deck. The front tires of the deck have tire valves in them for adding air but nothing in the deck manual states anything about adding air or what the air pressure should be only that they are flat proof. What happens if you add air to them and what should the pressure be.

Ida-Boy

Threads
Nope, no air is intended for the front wheels that support the deck.

sanchezz02

Forum Newbie
Threads
66vette, maybe it's like that only for some specific mowers. When my old lawn mower has broken, I was looking between two models, BLACK+DECKER MM2000 and American Lawn Mower Company 50514. And the best for me was BLACK+DECKER ( from here: https://bestyardproducts.com/best-corded-electric-lawn-mower/ ), because it's extremely lightweight and has a 4-year warranty, and that's what I was looking for. Till nowadays it works fine...

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it has valve stems, it is intended to be inflated. 10-15 psi is a ballpark figure for zero-turn mowers.

4getgto

Threads
I'm thinking someone changed out the deck tires. Normally the original tires are flat proof with no valve stems. And the flat proof tires do wear out so it wouldn't surprise me... Should be easy enough to check...

66vette

Threads
I purchased the mower new in year 2000 so it came with valve stems. I believe the tires are run flat. I did put air in one of them and it inflated slightly, I then took the valve core out to deflate, no air came out and it is still inflated.