42E707 carb (19306) linkage diagram/help

curmudgeon555

Threads
Replacing carb and now not sure how throttle linkages hook up. Throttle bracket (691366)does NOT have the nylon slider seen on other bracket videos. B&S engine is 42E707, type 2031-E1. Carb is 19306
Throttle cable is secured to clamp on intake manifold and the Z wire extends toward the carb.
Manual choke wire attaches directly to carb choke arm
Carb has plastic L shaped arm with holes on each leg, attached right next to the throttle plate lever. Perhaps throttle wire attaches to one of these holes and a small metal link attaches L lever to the throttle control lever??
That leaves one longer metal link to attach (I guess) to the governor control mechanism.....but where?
I have photos of things mentioned, but having problems attaching here. Email your address to gludwick@bellsouth.net
Any help or directions would be appreciated

curmudgeon555

Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I will if I get the time this holiday weekend to pull the front of the old Lowes mower here and take some photos since one else can. Can't today as I am recharging the camera batteries.

curmudgeon555

Threads
Does this look correct? stacked L arms attached to intake manifold; top arm attached to throttle arm with long link.
Bottom L arm short link attached to governor arm.
OR are they backwards??? Thanks for looking

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes Gary that looks correct. I just through the turkey cooking so go pull the air cleaner on that Lowe's mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes Gary that looks correct. I just through the turkey cooking so go pull the air cleaner on that Lowe's mower.
Okay slight config problem. The linkages need reversing as the shorter goes to the throttle shaft on the carburetor and the longer one to the governor link.
1669317237590.png
Sorry for the slight mis-direct

curmudgeon555

Threads
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!/ DOING THIS ON Thanksgiving IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. Appeciate the photo too. Hope you have a great day!
Gary

OldDiyer

Threads
This seems to be another one of those times it would have been smart to snap a few pictures before taking things apart so you could see how stuff gets put back together. I do this many times and has been worth the time.