42” Deck blade heights

drforsythe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD Z225 zero turn with 42” deck. Problem I’m having getting bad cuts seems very uneven. In checking my deck I’m not sure I’m seeing things correctly.
Flip deck over to check every thing im seeing what seems to be blade height issues. If I put the blades to center of deck and measure end of blade tips to deck one measures 3 1/4 inches the othe blade measures 4 inches. Spindles are not loose or bent Blades aren’t bent, new blades. Is this normal or what That’s why I joined this forum I’m stumped.
Anybody got an answer
Thanks
Donnie
Wake Forest NC

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It gets a little confusing because the deck itself is not flat so you can not measure the blade tip to the deck you have to measure blade tip to ground with deck installed.
With the deck off the tips should just about touch each other when set across the deck
You do hat then spin one blade 180 deg the the other.
If the heights of the tips relative to each other are the same every time then deck is fine
If the deck is off & clean you can rest a sharpie type pen on one blade tip and trace the path of the blade tip on the inside of the deck.
Do it for both sides of both blades
If all is good both blade ends will trace the same path and the two blade lines will be strait from one side to the other