40v 3.0AH battery problems

69Spiderman

Threads
I have a Greenworks 40 volt 3.0 amp hour battery that I have taken apart and it shows that every cell is 3.7 volts but when I push the button for the lights on the battery no lights light up and it will not run any of my tools I've tried it in three different tools any suggestions on why the battery is not working in my tools thank you in advance appreciate it

Charlie8d

Threads
How old is the battery ? Do you have a good battery to test the tool ? A battery can show the correct voltage, but once it is " under a load ", it may fail.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The battery should have a charge/discharge control chip in it
The chip has either failed or you have reached the maximum permissible battery cycles .

69Spiderman

Threads
It's 2017 and I do landscape so I could have gone to the maximum charges on the battery since I used it everyday in the summertime. I tried it in another tool and it does not work. Thank you all for your help I appreciate it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's 2017 and I do landscape so I could have gone to the maximum charges on the battery since I used it everyday in the summertime. I tried it in another tool and it does not work. Thank you all for your help I appreciate it
Five years, you have done well
I used to repack my laptop batteries and to do that I had to reset the counter on the charge controller
It is done to prevent things like battery explosions cause by failed separators or internal spikes

Charlie8d

Threads
I suggest contacting Greenworks for advice. If you sign up at their website, you will get some good deals offered to you. Here is a link that shows a 40V 4ah battery for $119. Look at the top of the page to contact them for support on your battery.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suggest contacting Greenworks for advice. If you sign up at their website, you will get some good deals offered to you. Here is a link that shows a 40V 4ah battery for $119. Look at the top of the page to contact them for support on your battery.

I suggest replacing said battery. Lucky to get 3 years out of them. Bigger the battery the more cells per. More cells per pack equates to more parts to fail. All's it takes is one dead/shorted battery to pull down the entire pack.

Far as having so many volts and not working, that pack needs to be LOAD TESTED.

69Spiderman

Threads

Thank you, I took the battery cells apart and now use them for flashlight batteries