28A707 Briggs Carburetor Adjustment???

MechanicLane

Threads
I have a snapper SR1028 and I think it is getting too much gas. i just need the proper adjustments for the needles. any help is appreciated, thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post all B&S Model & Serial #'s Model xxxxxx, Type xxxx, Trim xx, & Code xxxxxxx. thanks, Mark

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most basic mixture setting is 1-1/2 turns from being seated. Idle speeds is usually 1750 rpms.

Once misture is set at base then you go rich until rpms start to drop. Note position. Then you go lean until rpms start to drop. Again note position. Then place the adjustment half between the two points. Need tach to do this to be accurate.

But more likely you another problem with the carburetor or valves.

MechanicLane

Threads
the model-type-code is 28A707-0118 01-9401134D
thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1668794335836.png1668794381184.png

MechanicLane

Threads
well, a few weeks later the engine is pulsing, no matter what the adjustment on the needles :l

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay try manually applying some choke while it is surging. Does this stops the surging? If it does then you have a lean burn issue. This may be solved by cleaning the carb.

shadetree#1

Threads
Appears maybe you have a Walbro LMT carb which is NLA.
You can see IPL at this link.

Here is a link for tips on rebuild/cleaning the Walbro LMT carb.
https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/
I recently bought a GOOD used Walbro LMT off of fleece bay for less than $20.
Those Walbro's are usually user friendly to clean and rework.
Hint. The first time you clean the Walbro do not try to remove the emulsion tube if the carb is the type that does not have the anti-backfire solenoid.. It requires a tight fitting hollow ground screwdriver of the gunsmith type and even then it may not come out, so only try removing the emulsion tube as a last shot attempt. (step #10, 11, 12 at the link)

A Nikki clone carb is available for that engine at a reasonable price. Some of those Briggs engines came out with the Nikki carbs.

Before tr-installing a cleaned carb replace the fuel hoses, add a Briggs fuel shutoff in-line petcock and a red Briggs in-line fuel filter AFTER the petcock.
Each time you go to store the engine turn off the petcock.
The old fuel lines are usually what causes a carb to get upset or re-contaminates a just cleaned carb due to sheeding or crud inside the old lines..

Last edited: