285Z

WHMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Snapper 285Z, RTZ 27460, MN: 7800578 with the 27 hp. Briggs & Stratton I inherited when my Dad died last year. Mowed with it a couple of weekends ago, ran fine. I went to crank it and it would do nothing when I turned the key. I have replaced the solenoid for it did engage when tested, the ignition switch, the three safety switches I saw when I had the fenders off. The safety switch in the right hand control had been contrary for several years, even before my Dad died. I have checked the battery with both a DVM and load tester. I have 13.2 volts with DVM, it checks fine under a 20 second load. I have metered the wires and have found no breaks. Yet, it will do nothing. I have the seat safety switch jumpered with a wire. If anyone has a wiring diagram they would share I would be most thankful. I do not know if there is a safety switch on the mower deck or clutch. This mower has the electric lift and the push button PTO to engage the blades. Any advice and insight will be most appreciated, for the Bahia grass is growing again after a little rain in East Texas. My email address is: whmacauto@gmail.com. Thank you!