26 hp briggs stratton

Carlos onate

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a brand new vanguard 26 hp mower 4 years ago and is not running good on top end, I clean the carburetor twice thru the years and seems like it runs better with the choke at 25 %, does anybody knows why or have similar experience, thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it runs better when the blades are running than when they are not then the idle circuit has some sort of obstruction
If it makes no difference then there is insufficient fuel getting into the engine or there is an air leak between the engine & the carb
If yours is a plactic manifold they are known for warping , particularly if the bolts to the heads are done up too tight & leaking air .

Carlos onate

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it runs better when the blades are running than when they are not then the idle circuit has some sort of obstruction
If it makes no difference then there is insufficient fuel getting into the engine or there is an air leak between the engine & the carb
If yours is a plactic manifold they are known for warping , particularly if the bolts to the heads are done up too tight & leaking air .
Is warping sometimes and gets better when I pull the choke 25%
I have aluminum manifold, I can tell when is running good and I turn on the blades and runs beautiful but when is not running god it takes time for the blades to run,
I think those carburetors are not the best.
I have a 26 hp kawasaki for 4 years and I just put fuel and go, no issues at all, thanks.