25th anniversary Snapper 21"

ken2

Threads
Just wondering how many of you have seen one of these painted black and silver anniversary mowers? The silver Snapper name is really unpainted polished aluminum. Dad got it in 1992 when he was a dealer. Kept it hid away never started it for 14 years. Then big sister bought a house in 2006 and dad gave her the mower. Never made since to me to give her the anniversary mower when we had four other used 21" mowers.

Attachments

• IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5263.JPG
    IMG_5263.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 27

tomlct

Forum Newbie
Threads
I never saw these before. Do they have their own series number? I have a 1987 21" push mower, and it is series 5, and a self-propelled 21" from 2007, which is series 19. Just wondering if they were special enough to get their own series.

ken2

Threads
I never saw these before. Do they have their own series numI don't know. I'll have to check the numberber? I have a 1987 21" push mower, and it is series 5, and a self-propelled 21" from 2007, which is series 19. Just wondering if they were special enough to get their own series.
I'll have to check.

ken2

Threads
I never saw these before. Do they have their own series number? I have a 1987 21" push mower, and it is series 5, and a self-propelled 21" from 2007, which is series 19. Just wondering if they were special enough to get their own series.
I looked today and didn't find a tag on it anywhere.

upupandaway

Threads
They still made the aluminum deck in 92??

"never started it for 14 years. Then big sister bought a house in 2006 and dad gave her the mower." The thought of Comic Guy opening a never opened old comic and going "Oh no!!" comes to mind. I had the same reaction when I broke the seal opening a Commodore 64 computer a few years ago.

ken2

Threads
They still made the aluminum deck in 92??

"never started it for 14 years. Then big sister bought a house in 2006 and dad gave her the mower." The thought of Comic Guy opening a never opened old comic and going "Oh no!!" comes to mind. I had the same reaction when I broke the seal opening a Commodore 64 computer a few years ago.
I think Snapper decks were steel in 92. I think they brought the aluminum deck back just for the anniversary model in 92.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
That looks, to me, like an overseas model??. Some military member might of shipped it back here to the States??. But your dad got it is interesting.

From all I've seen, in 1992, decks were steel. That tire tread is unique, deck and grass chute the same. Look at how the chute attaches to the deck. First time I've seen one of those.

Last edited:

Champ714

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering how many of you have seen one of these painted black and silver anniversary mowers? The silver Snapper name is really unpainted polished aluminum. Dad got it in 1992 when he was a dealer. Kept it hid away never started it for 14 years. Then big sister bought a house in 2006 and dad gave her the mower. Never made since to me to give her the anniversary mower when we had four other used 21" mowers.
I own the exact same black 25th anniversary snapper lawnmower. Mine was definitely bought in the states (MI) by my father. I took over ownership and the lawnmower sat for almost a decade. It still started but ran poorly so I had someone go threw everything and she runs great, all original. Is there a market for this mower?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there a market for this mower?
My question is can you buy a better machine today than that one? LOL Your great grand kids will be mowing with it.

upupandaway

Threads
Just wondering how many of you have seen one of these painted black and silver anniversary mowers?
I just came across one... '92, huh?? Person tossed it for carb problems(dirty bowl), but like slomo said- 31yo still solid as a rock.

*update* It took 2 pulls to start and I took it for a spin after work.

Last edited: