22 HP Kohler 7000 series engine runs rough

SS Print

Threads
Hello All,
I have this 2017 Raptor, I didn't start mowing until 2018. This mowing season the engine starting running rough. I put new plugs, installed new carb, changed oil and fuel, air and oil filters. Still not right runs good sometimes and then starts running rough and seems to lose power. It does this even when grass is very short. I'm stumped..Do the coils on these motors go bad? Would this be a reason for the problem. Also, can anyone tell me how to read the RPMS on this engine and what it would be at full throttle.
Thank You so much for any help.
Wonderful forum
Thanks
Mike

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
yes coils can go bad but rarely both at the same time. When the engine is running pull one coil wire if the engine dies then the opposite ignition system failed. IF it stays running reconnect the plug wire and do to same on the other plug. Again if the engine dies the opposite ignition system failed.

To check the rpm you need an inductive type RPM meter/ The spec max rpm is dependent on the engine's model and spec number. usually no more 3600 rpm.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine rpms depend on the mower manufacture. Some of the Xmarks run 3850. Dixie Chopper 3750.