2084 blade clutch issue

martin1b

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2084 where after a few hours of mowing, the amp light starts to turn on, even after a charge. If I continue mowing, I disengage the blades, they won't re-engage. I'm pretty certain it's charging. The clutch measures about 1.2 ohms.

Do I have a bad blade clutch? If I do, is there a way to rebuild it OR is there a reputable supplier for a replacement?

Bill

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Batteru voltages, before starting, while running and running with the PTO engaged will tell the story.

martin1b

Forum Newbie
Threads
The voltage at the battery went up from no start to idle. Also went up from there from idle to throttle up. Appears to be charging. With PTO engaged, the voltage dropped immediately to about 12.6, then started dropping a tenth about every 3-5 seconds.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Your PTO clutch field is partially shorted and pulling more current than your charging system can provide. Most clutches have 1.7 ohms or higher when good. A current draw test will tell the story as the CC clutch not pull any more than 7 amps with 3-5 amps being the normal range.

As for replacement I can recommend Xtreme clutches but Ox Clutches is also another option. either way you will need the OEM part number to look-up the right clutch.

Last edited: