2022 Maverick with 27 hp Honda running rough.

7997T

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Maverick HD with the Gxv 800 Honda. After 15 to 20 minutes of running it starts to shudder and almost die. Level or slope it doesn't make a difference. When you stop moving it comes back but is still struggling to run. We shut it off and let set a few minutes and would run fine for about a minute then run rough again. Thinking fuel or ignition. Any thoughts?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thinking take it back where you bought it from. New mowers shouldn't do this.

Was this purchased through a real deal mower shop or some huge big box store?

Are you using fresh fuel as in the last month? Clean fuel can?

7997T

Forum Newbie
Threads
I filled it with fresh 90 octane no ethanol gas. It was purchased from a actual mower shop.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I filled it with fresh 90 octane no ethanol gas. It was purchased from a actual mower shop.
Take it back. Warranty. Let Bad Boy and Honda figure it out. Heck, they may let you swap it for a something that doesn’t have fuel injection.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take it back. Warranty. Let Bad Boy and Honda figure it out. Heck, they may let you swap it for a something that doesn’t have fuel injection.
These Honda fuel injected V-Twins are relatively new to the mower market. They are going to be problems that will need to be ironed out. I hope Honda can get them to work. The mower industry doesn’t need another Yamaha debacle.

7997T

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ran it this evening and it started having issues at 5 minutes. Nothing could reproduce the issue on a consistent basis. I called dealer and am dropping it off tomorrow morning. Cruddy part is that I have a 2 hour drive each way. Will update when I know more.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Bringing it to the dealer is the right path.

But for those symptoms it appears to be a fuel delivery problem. I'd look for: plugged fuel filter, fuel tank vapor locking (vent plugged), kinked fuel line, electrical problem in the fuel system electronics.

7997T

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it back and mowed for 40 minutes. Runs fine. They changed plugs, fuel lines and fuel filter. Drained fuel and strained it, found no debris. Also checked tank for any form of blockage and check vent. No service bulletins out either. Fingers crossed I am not the Guinea pig for problems! Thanks for the help!

Last edited: