2021 Maverick

KiltedOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I just ventured into the world of Zero turn by purchasing a 2021 Bad Boy Maverick with mutiple dealer installed accessories. I got the powered bagger system, ROPS mounted LED lighting, Electric deck lift and ROPS mounted trimmer mount that the dealer threw in due to it taking almost 3 weeks for them to get the bagger system in. Have noticed two issues: Dealer installed lighting straight to battery so switch isn't lighted like it should be and the hour meter is stuck on .4 hours, which I have learned is because someone took one wire and ran it to the sparkplug!! Anyone know how to wire the lights to work so that the switch lights up with the key 'on' and the light itself will only work with the mower on and also know how to correctly wire the hour meter? I am not at all good reading diagrams, and the one in the manual is too small t make out the words anyhow.

Any help y'all can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
In your case, since the mower is brand new and you admit you're not good at reading wiring diagrams, taking it back to the dealer and letting them correct the faults seems like a good idea.

Bama Rambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
They have much better wiring diagrams on the website than the one on the manuals. You have to scroll down the list to Wiring Schematics and pick the one for your engine.