2021 John Deere X300 Signature Series Updates??

cruzenmike

Threads
I just happened to be browsing YouTube when I found a guy who posted a video on his new John Deere X350. This mower was delivered to him within the last couple of weeks and is a 2021 model. The 2021 X350 has a more powerful 21.5 hp Kawasaki engine instead of the 18.5 on the outgoing model.

I then went to the John Deere website and it looks as if all of the X300 models got power increases for 2021, but only some of them got an updated seat (X350R and up) There is also mention of an "upgrade instrument panel" which I believe to be just a couple of indicators above the LCD display.

Can anyone confirm what was updated in 2021 for each of he models in the X300 lineup?

Last edited:

cruzenmike

Threads
So I have seen a couple of videos on the differences with the new lineup and then had a chance to look at some at the dealer this past week. The biggest thing that sticks out is the seat, which I do have to say is quite nice, but unfortunately the updated seat is not found on the lower models in the lineup like the X330 and X350. Also, I noticed that they moved away from the Kawasake FS and went with the FR series this year. A lot of people should be happy with the 1-2 hp increase this year, but I do not feel that it should have been at the expense of moving to a lower "quality" engine.

Since I am always shopping for a new mower, I am finding it hard to pick a Deere over something like a Cub Cadet XT2. For example, when comparing the 2021 Cub Cadet GX50 and the 2021 John Deere X380, the Cub Cadet nearly matches all of the Deere's specs but coming in at nearly $1000 less. Yes, the Deere certainly is a higher quality machine, and will hold it's value over time, but when shopping price for features either the Cub looks like a great deal or the Deere way overpriced! Just some thoughts.

gotomow

Threads
If "specs" cut grass then go with the Cub. IMHO the Deere is worth every penny.

cruzenmike

Threads
If "specs" cut grass then go with the Cub. IMHO the Deere is worth every penny.
I certainly do not disagree with you regarding the Deere being worth it. I was only pointing out as many other have, that John Deere simply does not give you the best engine or transmission when compared to other makes and models in the same price range.

Example:

John Deere X380
$4700
23HP Kawasaki FR691V
Tuff Torq K58 Transmission

Cub Cadet XT2 GX50
$3800
23HP Kawasaki FS691V
Tuff Torq K58 Transmission

Husqvarna TS 348XD
$3600
24HP Kawasaki FS730V
Tuff Torq K66 Electronic Locking Differential Transmission

The Cub Cadet has the same engine and transmission for $900 less. For those who are stuck with a budget less than $4000, the GX50 (or GX54D) are definitely the way to go. The Husqvarna has a larger engine and significantly stronger transmission for $1100 less. For someone who simply wants to know that their engine makes more power or to have a transmission strong enough to pull itself right out of the frame (because it just might), then the Husqvarna is the way to go.

Basically, John Deere should be placing comparable or better engines and transmissions in their models while still keeping the premium price. This way you are paying for the quality of the machine WITHOUT necessarily sacrificing power or performance from the drive-train. The whole reason why this thread continued on was because I was confused as to why John Deere dropped down from the FS to the FR series of engines in an already higher priced, premium machine. This "argument" certainly will not, nor has it, kept me from purchasing a John Deere.