2019 badboy maverick 747 kohler

troybam

Forum Newbie
Threads
hope someone can help! i have a 2019 bad boy maverick , with a 747 kohler, while backing up i had a large limb hit the throttle cable linkage on the back of the motor. it pulled the coating off the throttle cable about 2 in.. i did reattach the cable but now the motor is not running the same RPM's. its only running 3040 rpm. Does anyone know the correct way to reset the throttle linkage and what RPM should the 747 be running without the blades engaged.

Last edited:

lugbolt

Threads
put the throttle lever on the fender to full throttle, then back it off of full by about 1/8"

loosen the cable's clamp screw on the engine's linkage plate, then pull the cable as far as you can, then tighten the screw while you're continuing holding pressure on the cable.

rpm should be 3600 +/- 50 at operating temp. It takes a good 5-10 min run time to get it up to temp. Thus, I set them at 3450-3500 cold, as you can't really adjust a hot engine because of where the cable lies in relation to the muffler.

bad boy had many of them turned down, in order to meet the ANSI rule of maximum 219 mph (19,200 fpm) at the tips of the blades. Rather than change pulley sizes so that the engine could run rated RPM, they just pulled the RPM down a little. Lots of them were 3100-3200-ish usually on the 60" mowers. At that speed you lose a little horsepower.

Note that if you have no way to measure max blade speed, you can roughly calculate it by engine drive RPM, pulley ratios, and blade lengths.