2018 HRX217 Roto Blade Clutch won't disengage

liftoff621

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing weeds in very dusty conditions and the drive belt came off. I removed the blades, roto clutch, and shrouds and replaced the belt. I put it back together and the roto clutch now won't disengage. The blades spin all the time. I possibly put the clutch back together wrong(spring maybe upside down), but having problems finding a good video to watch. I have removed and replaced the clutch several times, including turning over the spring, with no change. The clutch cable seems fine and not too tight. Also, I'm having trouble finding the correct torque spec for the clutch hex nut. Thank you for any help or references.

liftoff621

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing weeds in very dusty conditions and the drive belt came off. I removed the blades, roto clutch, and shrouds and replaced the belt. I put it back together and the roto clutch now won't disengage. The blades spin all the time. I possibly put the clutch back together wrong(spring maybe upside down), but having problems finding a good video to watch. I have removed and replaced the clutch several times, including turning over the spring, with no change. The clutch cable seems fine and not too tight. Also, I'm having trouble finding the correct torque spec for the clutch hex nut. Thank you for any help or references.
I took my mower to Single Cylinder Repair in El Cerrito, CA. They replaced the roto blade clutch and spring. It's working like new again.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just a tip, when mowing tall grass or weeds set mower at highest setting to get tall grass/weeds down on first pass then lower mower to desired setting & go over again.

JBtoro

Threads
Don't know if you got what you wanted from your post. But here is a video that helped me on my HRX217HMA. The fellow who posted it evidently doesn't speak English but his filming is very good. He has a good bit of footage on the clutch, both removal and re-installation.