2018 Blackhawk HP 2548KOE won't start

ToddD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2018 Blackhawk HP 2548KOE, purchased new in May 2019, that won't start. 49 hours on the meter, just replaced battery because I thought it had went bad. Punch in the code to unlock and hit start button on keypad, just clicks a little bit but won't engage starter and shows Error 29 on the keypad screen. Can anyone give advice on what could be going on? I know the code represents "Excessive System Current" but I don't know what that could be. No headlights, no deck lift system. Thanks in advance.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not sure Dixie Chopper can tell you. In my experience on these things grounds are the no. 1 Culprit. Check the battery terminals for good connections. The negative battery cable where it bolts the starter mounting bolt. Not just that you think it is tight take it loose clean the cable end might even put a star washer under it and tighten it good. Don't strip it as this bolt is threaded into the starter. When you push the start button do any other lights light up?

ToddD

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure Dixie Chopper can tell you. In my experience on these things grounds are the no. 1 Culprit. Check the battery terminals for good connections. The negative battery cable where it bolts the starter mounting bolt. Not just that you think it is tight take it loose clean the cable end might even put a star washer under it and tighten it good. Don't strip it as this bolt is threaded into the starter. When you push the start button do any other lights light up?
The only light I get is that the green "ready to start" light changes to red. All of the safety circuits (ebrake, operator in seat, steering levers out) still seem to be functioning fine. I know the cables at the battery are good - I just replaced the battery thinking it was bad and cleaned them when re-installing. I'll have to look into the starter bolt.