2015 Command Pro EFI 25hp Service Engine Light

RetiredDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new-to-me 2015 Walker T25i with a little over 1100 hours running a 25hp Kohler Command Pro EFI. The service engine light is on, but is very dim - it is only noticeable at dusk or in similar dim lighting conditions. I checked the ECU codes using the MIL procedure in the engine manual, but there are no codes. Is it normal for this light to be on but very dim all the time? Thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

RetiredDave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Mike; When starting the mower, the light is on full bright and is easily seen even in full sunlight, but then goes off after the start. I noticed the light on but very dim only because I was parking it in a dimly lit barn after the sun was down. The link you provided is to the same service manual version I have, but the Walker manual is pretty thin on what the service engine light indicates. It just says to take it to the dealer. I used the Kohler engine manual to try to see if there were any codes, but there were none. I'll try the battery thing tomorrow. I thought maybe there was a bad ground or a short somewhere that might make the light come on even though there is no fault, but I'm not a spark-chaser and would not know where to start. Thanks again.

Last edited: