2014 scag freedom z pro

dennfen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought property in the country that has 3.5 acres to mow. My 1980's case 446 isn't going to cut it (no pun intended).

I found a '14 scag freedom z pro 61" cut for sale for $4000. It has the Briggs 27 hp commercial engine and roughly 500 hours on it. I know looks can be deceiving but it looks to be well taken care of and it looks good for being six years old. When both levers are pushed fully forward the mower tracks to the left. I researched quite a bit online and found the issue could be a simple linkage adjustment, or evening out tire pressure to correct it. It could also be an out of round tire or a hydro going bad.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to share on the tracking? price? or the year and model mower?

My grandfather was a Case dealer and I learned to mow on one when i was twelve. I have never had a zero turn so this is my first foray into running by levers and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennfen

Mower King

Threads
I just bought property in the country that has 3.5 acres to mow. My 1980's case 446 isn't going to cut it (no pun intended).

I found a '14 scag freedom z pro 61" cut for sale for $4000. It has the Briggs 27 hp commercial engine and roughly 500 hours on it. I know looks can be deceiving but it looks to be well taken care of and it looks good for being six years old. When both levers are pushed fully forward the mower tracks to the left. I researched quite a bit online and found the issue could be a simple linkage adjustment, or evening out tire pressure to correct it. It could also be an out of round tire or a hydro going bad.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to share on the tracking? price? or the year and model mower?

My grandfather was a Case dealer and I learned to mow on one when i was twelve. I have never had a zero turn so this is my first foray into running by levers and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennfen
Good mower. It could be a linkage adjustment and probably is...or low tire, weak hydro, just as you have found out. Those year range of B&S engines were prone to have sump pan gasket that leaked eng oil. Just check it all out, ride / drive it, ask all the ?? you can.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Almost the same as steering the Case with the wheel brakes.
The left hydros give a lot more trouble than the rights
My theory is two fold
1) left side tends to accumulate more dirt so the oil runs hotter
2) single tension pulley does not put enough tension on the belt allowing the left (slack side ) to slip on the pulley
It is more pronounced on ZTR's with a simple triangle belt run where the contact arc on the pulley is small