2010 X300 axle literally broke

Andrew Szczerowski

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings All:

The back axle on my X300 broke this evening. Literally, it snapped and the wheel fell off. Can anyone with knowledge tell me about the X300 axles/transmission? Is the back axle 1 piece, or 2 pieces? Is it serviceable? When I pull up the parts diagram, the axles don't have numbers associated with them. Hoping this isn't a situation where I need to replace the entire axle/transmission....any and all info would be appreciated...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The axel is very much repairable
However you need to get the parts from the transmission company
So now you need to go to your owners manual where you wrote down the mower, engine & transmission make & serial numbers so you can look up the IPL with the original equipment supplier.
Just about every mower company only supply the entire transmission as it drastically reduces the warehousing & logistical costs of providing spare parts .
JD might sell 1 or 2 axels a year where as the makers would shift several hundred
The only parts JD supply are those that are unique to the JD Specification like the input pulley & hub caps .
MY go to for all transmission parts is Mulligans as they seem to have every thing I need in stock, are very helpful an know which tranny is fitted what mower and will even tell me if it is an uneconomic repair or there s a cheaper upgraded box available .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IPL show you have a Tuff Torq K46BR or BC. You need to look the parts though Tuff Torq support site. You need the model number and serial number off the transaxle.

https://tufftorq.ordertree.com/