2006 Toro Mustang 42" Zero Turn

BiggyB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have changed the carburetor 4 times in last month, first one the throttle pivot hit the block so I sent it back and put the old on back on and it ran good for about 30 minutes and found that the engine was flooding out and when it cooled, I could drive it back to garage. (You can't push or pull a zero turn when the engine is dead.
I tried it again and it ran for about a half hour and the same thing happened. I ordered another carburetor put it on, it idled great for about 15 minutes and when I went to drive it, the same thing happened flooded with gas. Finally I put vise grips on the hose and almost clamped it off so I could drive it back to the garage. I am afraid to drive it anywhere because of the heat and not wanting it to break down away from the garage where I can work on it. Has anyone else got a possible fix for this.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1)Stop buying carbs from defective parts vendors on AmmoZone .
2) post the make model & serial of your engine
3)read your owners manual, all ZTR's have a bypass valve on each drive to allow them to be pushed , but pulling is a lot easier ,
4) your description of the original problem is hard to visualize
Are you saying that the throttle butterfly axel or the hole in the carb was so worn that the butterfly could not close properly ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Are you sure it is a Toro Mustang? I coming up with Troybilt Mustang on Google search. Now of coursed there could be a Toro Mustang if so we it real model number.

Now of course we the real model number and the engine's make, model, and spec numbers. This is so we can get an idea of what you are dealing with. Link to the carbs you brought is also helpful.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you replacing the fuel filter and fuel line when U do this. Old fuel line can crumble and small pieces can get between the inlet needle and seat. Causing it to flood. And when I say fuel filter not the cheap junk after market ones. I am sure there may be some good ones out there the ones you get with the carbs. are not. I have seen the filter element inside the filter loose and when you shake them it will rattle. I'm sure that one would do a really great job of filtering the fuel.