2006 Hustler Fastrax

Bowils

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a hustler fastrax and used it for about 5 cuttings after purging the system due to a leak at the charge plate and then it would not purge so I bought a new plate, changed the filters and oil and it still will not move

rick.kinney

Threads
I have a hustler fastrax and used it for about 5 cuttings after purging the system due to a leak at the charge plate and then it would not purge so I bought a new plate, changed the filters and oil and it still will not move

the pump has a hex screw or bolt that requires removal to fill the until the fluid runs out, located at the inside top of the pump. then jack up the back wheels to purge the system. if you took off the bottom plate then you most likely have it on wrong, easy to do, trust me from experience and others in this forum turn the plate around. then purge the system.

Bowils

Forum Newbie
Threads
the pump has a hex screw or bolt that requires removal to fill the until the fluid runs out, located at the inside top of the pump. then jack up the back wheels to purge the system. if you took off the bottom plate then you most likely have it on wrong, easy to do, trust me from experience and others in this forum turn the plate around. then purge the system.

The directions stated to install with the flat side of the plate towards the center of the frame and this matched the opposite side. The overflow was used and capped only after oil was exiting. Then went to the purge procedure and it still would not purge. In previous purges it would always whine when engaging until it was purged until the last time before I started the repair and it did not whine. This is still the case after the repair. It does not whine and barely makes a noise. I can get it to barely turn when engaged, but any pressure will stop it. Looking at buying a new Hydro-Gear unit, but not sure if the online sites are legitimate.