2006 craftsman lt2000 won't crank

Jordan247

Threads
Hi there I have a question on my 2006 craftsman lt2000 riding mower with a Briggs and Stratton intex 20hp singal cylinder. Just recently changed the oil and oil filter and it started up just fine but when i went to cut some grass I turned on the blades and the moter sounded like it had no power so I shut off the blades and the moter picked up speed but when I turned on the blades again and I went forward and the moter quite all together and won't start back up I can even spin the moter over. Can anyone here help me please. Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post model number from under seat, first check oil level, then check spark plug, air filter & fuel filter for replacement, always use manufactured recommended OEM parts. Fresh gas & not the cheap grade. Check fuse & see if it is blown & seat safety switch plugged in & operating correctly.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sure doesn't sound good. Now when you say you can't turn it over you mean by hand or just the starter? You did change the oil for a reason other then it might of been out of oil I hope? You did install the right oil filter? Seeing you can't turn it over it sounds like it was lacking oil for some reason.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
pull the spark plug out and see if you can turn the engine over in either direction.
If not pop underneath and slip the belts off the engine & try again.
'If no joy then it is major engine surgery time.

tigercat

Threads
Check your switch that operates your blade engagement. Maybe the wires fell out or that switch rotated some how. It was running before you turned your blades on.

hrdman2luv

Threads
Hi there I have a question on my 2006 craftsman lt2000 riding mower with a Briggs and Stratton intex 20hp singal cylinder. Just recently changed the oil and oil filter and it started up just fine but when i went to cut some grass I turned on the blades and the moter sounded like it had no power so I shut off the blades and the moter picked up speed but when I turned on the blades again and I went forward and the moter quite all together and won't start back up I can even spin the moter over. Can anyone here help me please. Thanks

Did you have the throttle up high when you engaged the mower?
Have you checked to see if there wasn't something causing the blades to bind? Maybe a piece of wire or something wrapped around the blades or pulleys?
Maybe the belt as slipped off the pulley and/or gotten out of alignment somehow.

I changed my belt once and didn't get them under one of the guards, and it did that for about 30seconds and then ripped the belt in half...