2005 too old?

CaptPatrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the opportunity to pick up a Ferris IS1000 54" ZTR with de-thatcher and power bagger for a good price. It has been stored in a basement since new, one owner, residentially used 211 hours on it. Yes, not a typo only 211 hours on it. It looks new and starts and runs great. Just worried parts might be hard to find. Not to mention engine gadgets, seals....Is it too old even though it is low time?129726549_10157700128773302_1688137305425259104_o.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the opportunity to pick up a Ferris IS1000 54" ZTR with de-thatcher and power bagger for a good price. It has been stored in a basement since new, one owner, residentially used 211 hours on it. Yes, not a typo only 211 hours on it. It looks new and starts and runs great. Just worried parts might be hard to find. Not to mention engine gadgets, seals....Is it too old even though it is low time?View attachment 55062

Too old to get parts for? Not at all. If you can't find OEM, you can probably find a lot of aftermarket parts for just about anything on it.

CaptPatrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
What about what a car dealer would call "lot rot" just worried I will start using it and problems will start kicking in.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If it's basement kept out of the elements, i would suspect much of it to be in pristine shape, as far as any moisture getting to electrical components etc.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks and sounds like it was kept up very well. If you treat it the same way, it should last you a long time. With the exception of normal wear and tear.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
That power bagger sounds interesting too. I like it.

gainestruk

Threads
Definitely not too old, I have a 2006 Gravley 1844 HD with almost 900 hrs and still going strong, I've never had any problem getting parts, 211 hrs is nothing for that machine.
be sure and get fresh gas in it and run it an hour or two and if it runs good change oil and filters shut off gas and run till carburetor is empty before letting it sit for winter.

Born2Mow

Threads
Buy it, but cover yourself by changing all the fluids and filters. This includes any fuel in the system over 8 weeks old.

I worked on classic motorcycles which were typically ridden only once or twice a year. The perpetual problem with very low use was fuel going bad in the tank and carb. With such low hours, I fear you might run into the same scenario. I highly suggest new fuel that's been treated with a cleaner AND stabilizer, like StarTron. Click HERE

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Buy it, but cover yourself by changing all the fluids and filters. This includes any fuel in the system over 8 weeks old.

I worked on classic motorcycles which were typically ridden only once or twice a year. The perpetual problem with very low use was fuel going bad in the tank and carb. With such low hours, I fear you might run into the same scenario. I highly suggest new fuel that's been treated with a cleaner AND stabilizer, like StarTron. Click HERE
Hence the photo of the Mk I concentric bowl elsewhere