2004 Scag TT- Rebuild or replace hydro pumps?

Presta24

Threads
Pumps are getting worn out. Thought this moght be a good winter project. Neither pump leak that I can tell. One side is just way more powerful than the other. Should I rebuild or replace? And why?

TIA

Chris

Dwellonroof

Threads
I rebuilt a pump for an Allmand Brothers backhoe but only got an additional 20 or so psi and had to bite the bullitt and have one made $1200

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Would be cheaper to rebuild, but everything needs to be cleaned and then cleaned about 3 more times. There isn't much to rebuilding a pump, replace the worn parts, and anything that appears to be worn should be replaced. Also the rest of the system will need to be flushed more than once, because any contamination in the hoses or the wheel motors could come back to haunt you. Also wheel motors can make it appear that the pumps are going bad or getting weak.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't waste time and money "rebuilding" these pumps. Get new OEM parts from a real mower shop. Not some Amazon/Ebay Chinese outlet.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
If done right rebuild will work fine. You have to replaced the cylinder block and the end cap or valve plate. You might be able to machine the end cap if it is worn. Some pumps do not have the valve plate. If you can hang a finger nail on the wear areas of the motor block and end cap it will have to be replaced,