2003 325 gas mower issue

NWR4374

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought this mower used, a former landscape company mower. Came with a new clutch. 325 gas Kubota w752 3 cyl engine. Initially it ran great and was able to mower my 5+ acres.

After fixing 1 problem of a bad lever arm switch, it has developed a more serious issue. Mower will start and run, with power. As the mower heats up, it begins to bog down as if cutting long grass. If you disengage pto, it will rev up normally , but will die when pto is reengaged. After it dies then, it won't restart until a couple hours later. It'll just cough, splutter and backfire until it's cooled off. Max run time I can get out of it before it dies is 20-40min.

It has: new plugs, new coil, sufficient hydro fluid, new fuel filter, new fuel pump, sufficient coolant, nee fuel lines, new air filter, clutch was replaced at purchase and has about 20hrs on it, and the radiator is clean. Also the deck spindles were lubed.

I've talked with Grasshopper tech support and they don't know what's wrong. Any ideas guys?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check PTO clutch air gap at clutch 3 windows, should be .012-.015. Also clean underside of deck, remove & sharpen blades with hand file, balance blades, reinstall blades in time & torque to 50 ft.lbs. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark
One more thing, did you clean air vanes on engine when replacing coil?