20015 Maverick dies after a few minutes

Rustyareed1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower cranks, but dies after a few minutes. Sounds like it’s running out of gas before it dies

gadawg6973

Forum Newbie
Threads
The mower cranks, but dies after a few minutes. Sounds like it’s running out of gas before it dies
Same here after deck is going.If I stop it will regain power and I can go on.Any help?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it sounds like it is running out of fuel then 99% chance that is exactly what it is doing.
So usually this will be a blocked main jet in the carb
Next most common fault is stuck or blocked needle in the carb'
So it is off with the carb, pull it apart and give it a good cleaning .

Mower King

Threads
If it sounds like it is running out of fuel then 99% chance that is exactly what it is doing.
So usually this will be a blocked main jet in the carb
Next most common fault is stuck or blocked needle in the carb'
So it is off with the carb, pull it apart and give it a good cleaning .
This is a good idea and could be the problem but, before removing the carb, put a clear fuel line (just for testing only, replace with O.E.M. fuel line after test) on from the fuel pump to the carb and start it, and just look at the fuel transfer to make sure the fuel pump is pumping enough fuel. If it is, remove and clean the carb, if not, check fuel line restrictions backwards from fuel pump to the tank. I have seen some older Bad Boy fuel lines, look good but are collapsed on the inside......so make sure fuel pump and fuel line is good and working first, before removing carb and cleaning it!