1999 F925

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK here is a good one. My new to me 1999 F925 with yanmar disel has been draining the battery very slowly. I finally found the problem. When the mower is off, one of the indicator panel lights glows very dim. I can only see this in the dark. If I remove the light that is on it just moves to the next one. Any ideas anyone?

gainestruk

Threads
My first thought would be key switch is letting power thru, get a multimeter and check if you can find any power getting past switch on any leg beside power cable from battery.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
First, check by hand all ground cables and straps making sure they are tight and secure, especially from engine to frame, remove corrosion if present.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
First, check by hand all ground cables and straps making sure they are tight and secure, especially from engine to frame, remove corrosion if present.

I do agree with this being a bad ground but if this checks out you will have to do a drew test.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are generaly two circuit boards behind the engine.
They get very dusty if not cleaned down regularly with compressed air.
Good chance you are getiing a short on one of the boards.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

No ground issues. I was amazed at how nice they looked. I did how ever find a relay when unplugged the light went off. I am chasing this down. One set of wires hed to the positive cable close to the starter. The others I have not figured out yet.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My first thought would be key switch is letting power thru, get a multimeter and check if you can find any power getting past switch on any leg beside power cable from battery.

I checked all connections and then unplugged it and light still on.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are generaly two circuit boards behind the engine.
They get very dusty if not cleaned down regularly with compressed air.
Good chance you are getiing a short on one of the boards.

I will look at this first thing tomorrow.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I actually found it this time. Disconnected the oil pressure sensor and the light went out. Going to replace and see what it does.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the reason to do a draw test. It will bring you right to the problem. Don't just start replacing parts unless you like spending money.