1986 Murray lawn Tractor 18/42

couchfam2005

Forum Newbie
Threads
decal 2.jpgI have a 1986 Murray 18/42. I've been restoring it. I've got it running great. I've been looking for a deck for it. The one that's on it has seen better days. I'm also looking for the battery cover. So does anyone know where I can find any of this. I'm able to find mechanical parts with little problem I just can't find body parts. I'm trying to post a pic of what it looks like. I don't have a pic of mine downloaded yet.decal 1.jpg So does anyone have any suggestions?

Blke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1989 that looks quite a bit like yours with the same trans that I am working on but not sure of the shifting pattern. Do you know the shifting pattern?

Blke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1989 that looks quite a bit like yours with the same trans that I am working on but not sure of the shifting pattern. Do you know the shifting pattern?
I also have a 1989 Murray and the shifting pattern is R—2-1
N
4—-3
This is when you are seated and looking down at it.

I am almost done rebuilding mine but I don’t have a manual and whoever had it before me rewired it and removed all safeties. I am wondering if it had any other safety besides sitting on the seat before you could start it??