170 Not charging battery

Ean

Threads
My 170 has a brand new battery I have cut 3 different yards it has Ben clicking like it has a bad connection somewhere today I turned the blades off then when I went to turn them back on they wouldn't turn on I turned the mower off trying to find out why they would not work when I got on it it wouldn't even click I tested the battery 11 volts jumped it off I did not even click so how can I fix this the alternator and starter are together should I have to take the alternator apart

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
I have purchased new battery that have had bad cells. Did you buy the cheap Home depot one?? I went through 2 of them before getting a good one. I have been happy with wal-mart 40 dollar battery's. has 275cca. Start your mower and use a meter on the positive and negative battery terminals to confirm whether the charging system is working. Check for 13.5-14.5 volts running at full throttle. Odds are it is. If you can jump start it and mow. The mowers stator is keeping the engine going. My bet is on a bad battery.

My 170 has a brand new battery I have cut 3 different yards it has Ben clicking like it has a bad connection somewhere today I turned the blades off then when I went to turn them back on they wouldn't turn on I turned the mower off trying to find out why they would not work when I got on it it wouldn't even click I tested the battery 11 volts jumped it off I did not even click so how can I fix this the alternator and starter are together should I have to take the alternator apart

Ean

Threads
It's a car quest battery we use these in every thing our Trucks tractors and mowers we have Ben using these for 10+ years we have never got a bad one

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
If your mower won't start itself and battery shows 11 volts. That means its not holding a charge. If you jump it and it starts, runs, drives, mows. That means the charging system is doing its job. Bad battery's can come from everywhere.

It's a car quest battery we use these in every thing our Trucks tractors and mowers we have Ben using these for 10+ years we have never got a bad one

Ean

Threads
If I charge the battery it will hold a charge for a week it has been on there for 2 weeks before it went dead and I have been using the mower

tybilly

Threads
did you put a meter on the battery while its running?and it still only showed 11v? have you run an alternator test?

Ean

Threads
did you put a meter on the battery while its running?and it still only showed 11v? have you run an alternator test?

It was not running when it showed 11 volts and where is the fuse at you want me to check how do you test the aultnator