17.5 B/S I/C Intek carb question

able43

Threads
I am working with this model engine, "31c707 0603 B2"
I no longer have the original carb, I replaced with a carb I purchased online. When I put my information in on the parts site, it brings up two carbs. Could someone help me understand which one I need to select and maybe even teach me how to figure this out on my own next time?
I have attached a picture of what I am looking at and having a hard time figuring out which one to buy

31c707 0603 b2 carb.PNG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
you go to the briggs & stratton web site and down load the parts list for your mower .
It will show all carbs that were fitted to your mower and list which serial numbers what carb was used on.
Generally they will be interchangable and the difference was simply because one supplier could not deliver them in time or a contract was written for a cheaper carb or the customer wanted different air box .

Alliedsyntheticsusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably to late, but maybe it will help someone in the future. If you’re going to pay for OEM I’d definitely buy the walbro instead of the Nikki. Reason being is the Nikki has a small o ring inside and deteriorates. Thus letting fuel into the crankcase. Simple solution for the Nikki carbs is to put an in line shut off valve on your fuel line and actually use it every time. I’ve worked on hundreds of mowers that have had this issue.