17.0 Intek engine - No Spark

Reg Moore

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a B & S 17.0 intek engine which has compression & fuel delivery but no spark. I've check the coil module clearance and have a new spark plug. The coil reads 4.6 ohms (I believe that to be the correct resistance) and I've also tried turning the engine with the plug out and held to a good earth point but there's no spark. I've tried this test with the kill-lead attached and also with it disconnected - still no spark. Can anyone help please?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have checked the clearance and cranked the engine with the kill wire disconnected with a known good plug and have no spark, then replace the module. Wouldn't hurt to take a test light and insert in into the kill lead and turn the key on and off multiple times to make sure you are not getting battery voltage to the kill wire even for just a flicker because it will instantly kill a new module.

AVB

Threads
Actually the current Magnetron coil resistance readings are as follows:

Primary Winding reading is 1.5 - 1.7 Ω.
Secondary Winding reading is about 6 KΩ +- several hundred ohms.

This doesn]t test the electronic trigger. In theory if the D13003 transistor should short the primary resistance would drop to 0.5-0.7 ohms when tested from the kill terminal to coil's metal frame.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Probably your coil is poop