1693600 Drive Belt Adjustment

bk10s

Threads
18 HP Broadmoor. Heard something flopping around today, and noticed that the drive belt is loose. Is there an adjustment for that? When I replaced it a couple of years ago, I used the Simplicity OE belt.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
These decks should be using two spring loaded idler pulleys to keep tension on the two belts [self adjusting]. Probably one the springs has broken.

bk10s

Threads
The deck belt is fine. The drive belt is loose. I will get under there today and take a closer look.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The deck belt is fine. The drive belt is loose. I will get under there today and take a closer look.
Sorry about that. That I get for having a bad headache the last two days and was up at 3:30 am here.

It is the same advice as there is two springs shown on the ipl. Plus check the idler pulleys themselves as bearings do fail.

It is also possible a stick gotten into the drive belt path and caused the belt to thrown off.

As far adjustments there is none as springs are used to auto adjust the tension. Once the belt is too worn then it has to be replaced.

bk10s

Threads
I guess this would explain it!

Attachments

• IMG_5981.jpg
    IMG_5981.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 5

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would say it sorta does...