13MW?????? PTO question

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry for the missing digits on the model number. Hopefully they're not needed for this question. The wiring harness on this machine was fried and melted in a few places when it was brought in. I put another harness from an unknown Cub on it. Almost every wire was the same except a couple going to the PTO switch and the ones going to the transmission around back.
After getting everything switched out and a new battery, the PTO comes on for either a few seconds or up to about 30 seconds then shut off. The battery is up to about 13.8 and down to 13.6. (with the engine running)
When the PTO shuts off, if I put the button in then back out immediately, the PTO will come on and go off very quickly. If I turn it off and wait for say 30 seconds, the PTO comes back on and stays on for a longer period.
Without doing anything to it, the last time I checked it before closing up shop, I let the engine run for about 5 minutes and then turned the PTO on. It stayed running without turning itself off. Going to recheck it this morning when I open up.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

BTW, the model number from the CC that this harness came off of is long gone. No way of knowing it's model number. But I can post the model number of the CC that it's on now.

Note to add: Gonna check the regulator 1st thing when I get to shop and post the readings.

Last edited:

NorthBama

Threads
if its adjustable check the air gap