12hp to 14.5hp engine swap.

Blackstar

Threads
Long shot here. Looking for some advice and direction. I have an old 1970's era Cub Cadet 1320 lawn tractor. 12hp Kohler has a possible collapsed lifter. Very hard cranking. Its been parked in my friends garage for a few years waiting. I picked up a free Jonsered LTH 145 probably from the 80's or 90's with a great working 14.5hp Kohler motor. The deck is toast. Hard to find info on this model.

My question is are these motors interchangeable? I know I should check the mounting bolts measurements and shaft size and length but just taking a chance that someone might have done a swap like this. The old Cub is still in nice shape. Thanks for any info.

Ncbarnybarmy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Long shot here. Looking for some advice and direction. I have an old 1970's era Cub Cadet 1320 lawn tractor. 12hp Kohler has a possible collapsed lifter. Very hard cranking. Its been parked in my friends garage for a few years waiting. I picked up a free Jonsered LTH 145 probably from the 80's or 90's with a great working 14.5hp Kohler motor. The deck is toast. Hard to find info on this model.

My question is are these motors interchangeable? I know I should check the mounting bolts measurements and shaft size and length but just taking a chance that someone might have done a swap like this. The old Cub is still in nice shape. Thanks for any info.
Hi black star
Reading your post about khola engines I’ve a 12hp motor in my mower. I’ve taken the starter off which has 9 teeth on starter gear but when I look for another starter there coming up with 13 teeth on them which makes me wonder if the one I’ve taken off is the right one