125B - new one on me

JBtoro

Threads
Hey folks. Bought an aftermarket carb for a whopping $6.99; where else but on Amazon. Not wanting to get into a China bashing discussion. In fact, I have never had a problem with probably a dozen or more aftermarkets. My purpose is to pass along a "first" for me. Turns out, the carb works fine although I had a heck of a time getting the blower to run right after I installed the carb. The problem was that the inner diameter of he fuel lines that the seller included are too big. I was suspicious when the lines slipped over the inlets so easily but I went ahead and used them. Soon I noticed some fuel residue on the shroud at the bottom of the blower. I was finally able to trace the leak to fuel oozing out of the line affixed to the inlet tube; it just wasn't tight enough. That looseness was also allowing air into the unit I believe, causing the poor running. I replaced the clear line that was included with some from my stash & everything is good now. Like I said, it was a 1st for me to have this issue but thought I would pass it along since it took way too much time to discover, including several disassembles. Here it is:

1581389457855.png

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have installed over a hundred aftermarket carbs from small 2 smokes to big twins. A few of them flat didn't work. A few needed taken apart and worked on but the majority worked fine. Can be a crap shoot but for the price vs. some of the way overpriced OEM ones like Honda's a reasonable alternative.

JBtoro

Threads
I have installed over a hundred aftermarket carbs from small 2 smokes to big twins. A few of them flat didn't work. A few needed taken apart and worked on but the majority worked fine. Can be a crap shoot but for the price vs. some of the way overpriced OEM ones like Honda's a reasonable alternative.
Agree on the Honda's for sure. Whatever is going on with tariffs & trade wars, etc. it sure hasn't raised the prices of aftermarket lawn equipment parts ... yet at least.