10518 transmission rebuild

butch3

Forum Newbie
Threads
need help with what parts need to be replaced

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Would help if you told us your problem, so we could help you. Otherwise just replace everything.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take it apart and shoot a couple pictures. Could need a bushing or two, or new gears?

butch3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes a bushing wore into the output shaft and some of the gears have slight indentations on them. I know I need the output shaft at $100.00, a bushing, a groove pin, a washer. Not sure what I can get by with the gears witch would be another $100.00 or so.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please shoot some pictures of the parts you think you need. Then we can tell you what we feel is the best route to go. Without pictures we are just guessing.

keakar

Threads
Yes a bushing wore into the output shaft and some of the gears have slight indentations on them. I know I need the output shaft at $100.00, a bushing, a groove pin, a washer. Not sure what I can get by with the gears witch would be another $100.00 or so.
seriously, you are better off replacing the whole thing if a bushing wore into the output shaft and some of the gears have slight indentations on them.

anything with wear on it that bad will need most of its inner parts replaced, and you are talking HUGE $$$ to replace all of it, and then other stuff you dont even see may be worn out too.

search want ads for a mower like yours that has a bad engine or rotted out deck and whichever mower is nicer, use the parts from the other to fix it.

swapping a deck is the easiest to do, next is pulling and swapping engines if you have an impact gun to remove the crank bolt, lastly the trany isnt hard to swap but it can be fiddly with all the connections

Last edited: