06 Honda Mower HRX217HXA blade clutch out

adams

Threads
I noticed that my blade took a long time to spool up. So I pulled the plugwire and turned off the fuel so I could lay it on its side and hand turn the blade. With the clutch not engaged the blade turned fairly freely and when the clutch was engaged there was a metal scrapping noise.
I have a second honda mower to compare it to so I did the same with it. On this machine the blade was very hard to move with the clutch disengaged, I am guessing that is the rotostop feature working correctly and when the clutch is engaged I could hear the engine being turned over, this is something that is not happening with the troubled mower so I am really certain the blade clutch is out. So where I need help is identifying all the parts that are needed. I expected to see parts labeled like clutch but I am not, so is the parts they call driven disc and drive disc the clutch assm. ?

adams

Threads
Thank you for the link, I got all the parts needed ordered.

adams

Threads
New rotorstop clutch is installed and it works great! Unfortunately two hours later what I would call the transmission cable(Honda calls it the change cable) end broke off the transmission lever! So I jerry-rigged it up so I could finish mowing without getting the unwanted extra exercise from a push mower while I wait for it to arrive. It appears that oblong piece that goes over the transmission lever is the weak link. I will start a new thread to discuss this.