What is the torque on the bolts that go into the tapered bushing or the spindle on a Ferris IS3000Z

rutbuster1

Threads
  • / What is the torque on the bolts that go into the tapered bushing or the spindle on a Ferris IS3000Z
And many of torque wrenches out there they are not calibrated to within their specs either. I have return several new torque wrenches from HFT due them meeting specs. They should be within +-3% but when they are off by 10+-% this un-acceptable. One I returned was off by 25+%; otherwords, instead torquing to 20ft-lbs it was torquing to 25 ft-lbs and when set at 100 ft-lbs it was torquing to 125 ft-lbs. Currently replacement (another brand) is within +-1%. I use a digital toque adapter to check the calibration but I don't like using it for regular torquing as I can easily over torque trying to go by buzzer.

Another note all torque wrenches should be stored unloaded to prevent the calibration changing.
I've never had an issue with HFT torque wrenches. I've got three of em and they're over 15 y/o. Only one got out of spec, the 3/8 torque wrench. But I calibrated it myself quite a few years back and it's still within specs. I've used em on many rods, heads, and other things that I wanted to be accurate with torque specs. I also have a beam torque wrench that's still very accurate. I often use it to make sure the HF torque wrenches are within specs. I've been wanting to try out one of those digital torque wrenches. I'm still researching the accuracy on them and how to calibrate it if needed though. You are correct about storing them unloaded too. Many times I've assisted other people and grabbed their torque wrench out of the tool box and it would set on like 95lbs. I'd ask them when was the last time they used it and they'd say something like a few months ago to a few years ago . I told em that it may/may not be accurate and need calibrating. If they still used it, well, I warned em.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / What is the torque on the bolts that go into the tapered bushing or the spindle on a Ferris IS3000Z
Different story here as I have lost three in one year and got three poorly calibrated ones. Even the scales didn't line up on the last one. I gave up after three tries and brought another brand off Amazon.

But of I have 8 torque clicker wrenches now. In the 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 square drives I both RH and LH versions. The 3/4 square drive I haven't need the LH one yet. And just got in a 10-70 inch/pound 1/4 hex drive screwdriver version yesterday. The HFT one only goes down to 20 in/lbs and I got some screws that are torqued at 15 in/lbs.