Honda HR215 K1 HMA carb issue?

JTW73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello fellow Honda experts……looking for some direction on my issue. Some background, my son found this mower in the garbage, it appeared to be good condition but missing its carburetor. Over the winter it became my project to see if the lawnmower is salvageable. I throughly went through the complete mower, purchased an aftermarket carb (amazon) and viola! the mower starts with electric start system, runs and cuts great, hydro trans works, add the double blades, this is super mulching machine for sure. This is replacing my HR 214 SXA.
Here is only issue…. Lawnmower start within seconds with key, blade clutch engages with not problem , I can cut heavy grass for 30 minutes(front lawn)…..so after cutting front lawn I idle down mower , stop blade, and go back lawn……I return throttle to fast and engaged blade clutch, engine start to stall out and I have to feather the throttle to get the rpm’s up to support blade engagement, if it stalls out, it will not restart immediately have to let it cool down…..
I have changed to spark plug, fresh fuel, oil and air filter new, carb gaskets new, choke plate is fully open at fast throttle.
Any ideas? I am thinking is it possible that main jet and carb nozzle on my replacement carb is not an exact match to original carb parts? Would this cause my issue? Lawnmower seems to running very warm after heavy cutting.
Appreciate everyone’s opinion and direction . This forum is amazing for us “want-a-be” lawnmowet mechanics

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 3

JTW73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Mark……forgot to mention is original post I had purchased a gxv 140 motor for parts for my HE 215 engine….it did have a partial original carb but looked pretty beat up …. So elected on the china replacement carb…….but I do have the nozzle and main jet from the parts engine……do you think i should change out the nozzle and Jet from china carb with the donor engine nozzle/jet ?